Home of Wasabi Air Racing

Elliot Seguin and Jenn Whaley's Formula One class air race team based out of Mojave, California. Pylon racing at the National Championship Air Races in Reno Nevada. Eight airplanes racing head to head around telephone poles in the desert. Mojave is the best place on the planet to build and modify a race plane, and Wasabi is lucky to have the best support in the business.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Race 44 test hop for Lynn


There are good days and there are really good days.

Twice during race week we were asked to fly test sorties for Andy and Lynn.  I had been doing the break-in and power testing on the airplane in Mojave but it is a different thing to test over Stead, to some a holy thing.

Turning the power up while in a leisurely left hand turn in a truly hot airplane while the sun sets over that valley of speed is something air race freaks dream about. I remember checking and rechecking my data, I wanted to be damn sure I wasn't blowing this awesome opportunity.

After landing I taxied up to the team; Andy, Lynn, Jenn, Donald, Terry, and even Klaus and Jenny. The looks on their faces told me the airplane had sounded good. The look on Andy's face said "give me the data".

Thank you Andy and Lynn, for a truly awesome Reno experience.  I can't wait until we get this thing hooked up.