Home of Wasabi Air Racing

Elliot Seguin and Jenn Whaley's Formula One class air race team based out of Mojave, California. Pylon racing at the National Championship Air Races in Reno Nevada. Eight airplanes racing head to head around telephone poles in the desert. Mojave is the best place on the planet to build and modify a race plane, and Wasabi is lucky to have the best support in the business.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Automatic Flight Test Engineer



I am real happy with this voice recorder I bought for taking notes during flight test, it really does a nice job of recording clear cockpit audio with a time stamp.  People have been using cockpit audio recorders for a long time so nothing new there.  The big sell on this particular recorder for me is the USB drive which allows me to download the file to a separate computer for long term storage.



Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder (ICD-PX312)


I bought the adapter from Aircraft Spruce when I chickened out about impedance matching.  With some more time I am confident an industrious fellow could build one up from radio shack parts.  I haven't tried it on anything but GA impedance equipment.  I assume it would need an adapter to work with military comm stuff.


What are you working on tonight?

Design Build Test
-Race 68